Hello Caring Adult Youth Supporter:
We hope you are well. You are receiving this e-mail because you have participated in the Arlington Alliance for Youth Small Grants Program or your group is a past Global Youth Service Day (GYSD) Participant or your name was submitted as someone who may be interested in the GYSD program.
It was brought to our attention that some of you may not have received all of the information about Global Youth Service Day so we are sending this information as a reminder.
Global Youth Service Day is SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2017. It is not too late to register your youth group, so please register today. Below are just a few reminders.
What is Global Youth Service Day?Global Youth Service Day (GYSD) is the largest youth service event in the world with millions of youth in more than 100 countries engaged in community service and service learning projects. UT Arlington's Big Event will again be partnering with GYSD, making it one of the largest community service events of its kind in North Texas. Over 3000 youth plus 1000 college students will make great contributions to our communities.
The City of Arlington Provides a "Thank You Celebration for Youth" on GYSD (11:30 am to 1:30 pm) at the Levitt Pavilion in downtown Arlington. All participating youth groups are invited to attend, enjoy a free lunch and entertainment, and celebrate the many youth groups and youth that will be honored for their great work in our community.
Key 2017 Calendar Events: (Website will be updated to reflect these dates.)
- Steering Committee Meeting Dates:
- Feb. 28: Youth Group Registration Day - DEADLINE TO REGISTER = Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Mar. 31: Grant Day – Group checks distributed; GYSD contest submissions deadline. (Venue TBD)
- Apr. 22: Global Youth Service Day- Groups complete projects and attend City Celebration (11:30a – 1:30p) at Levitt Pavilion.
- Apr. 30: Data Day when all youth groups submit Completion Reports
- Events and Completion Reports:
- Apr. 22: Global Youth Service Day -Groups complete projects and attend City Celebration (11:30a – 1:30p) at Levitt Pavilion.
- April 30: Data Day - all youth groups submit Completion Reports
How Can Your Youth Group be Involved?If you have a youth group that is interested in participating in Global Youth Service Day on April 22nd, you may sign up as a group and host your own project on the Day of Global Youth Service Day. This year we are not requiring the coalition aspect of the sign-up process. If you are working with different youth groups, please add them under "Name of Youth Group". Registration Deadline is March 22, 2017. To sign-up as a group, https://carsonbold.typeform.
In addition to participating in GYSD, are there any contest or awards?Yes, there are contest and awards by age group (Elementary, Jr. High, and High School) to provide a level of fairness and encourage participation. Winners are announced, trophies presented, and grant checks provided at the City's Thank You Celebration for Youth.
- Best Service Project of the Year Contest: Every youth group participating in GYSD or in our Small Grants Programs may participate in this contest if they have completed service projects since April 2016. Entries must be delivered to the GYSD Chair by March 31st. Honors include a trophy and a grant to help that group complete additional community service projects prior to April 2017.
- Arlington's Youth Service Leaders of the Year Contest: Every youth group participating in GYSD or in our Small Grants Program may participate in this contest if they have completed service projects during the past year.Help us spread the word by forwarding this e-mail to other caring adults who work with youth. We have to capture our youth's attention as often as we can. We have to encourage them for doing good! Please plan to join us as we celebrate youth who serve. We are planning some fun activities for young and old. You know we do things big in Texas and with your help this can be the City of Arlington's biggest and best Global Youth Service Day ever!Thank you for all you do to support our youth as you help them learn to serve and become great leaders.Sincerely,
Stephanie Brown and Cheryel Carpenter
Global Youth Service Day Co-Chairs 2016-2017
Arlington Alliance for Youth
Monday, March 6, 2017
Global Youth Service Day Registration Reminder - Arlington Alliance for Youth
Here is a link to the various locations with their times per your request. http://www.tangotab.com/feed-the-city-locations.html He...