Early Bird Pricing - No End DateThis is the second update regarding early bird pricing.
Three emails from us one one week? Madness! But it's all good news.
Early Bird Pricing has been extended through the end of the online registration period. All participants who register online will pay the Early Bird price of $110. Walk-up registrations will still be $130. (Walk-up registration is for exceptional circumstances only, and shirts and other materials are not guaranteed. Register in advance!)
The final cut-off for units to register everyone for camp online is 06-03-2019 11:59 PM.
- Parents can find a digital copy of the registration form here: https://crosstimbersdaycamp.github.io/registration/
- Unit Liaisons can register participants here: https://scoutingevent.com/662-25620-60876
Reminder about YPTIn-person YPT will not be provided this year as the current version of the online YPT training satisfies the state requirements for youth camps. All adults in camp must have up-to-date YPT in order to attend camp.
I'm in a Troop/Crew. Why am I getting this?Every safari needs safari guides... and Twilight Camp is an exciting way for older scouts to get service hours and develop leadership skills.
Any scout or venture-aged youth is eligible to be a Councilor-in-Training, and registered youth over the age of 14 are permitted to take on larger areas of responsibility. We need older scouts to be instructors and to help with dens and to assist in program areas. Some areas of responsibility include: assistant den leaders, quartermasters, fire guard, craft/sport/STEM instructors, and more.
Training and leadership experience is not required, but a can-do attitude is!
Please let us know if your unit's schedule is compatible with Twilight Camp, and whether you expect scouts to come and join us. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the unit liaison form here.
Find Out More
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Reminder: Carry The Load activities are this Saturday. Please let Chris Gaston know if your unit will be there or if you have any questions. 817-291-9898
Segment Specialist Non Commercial
Cross Timbers District Friends of Scouting Campaign
Longhorn Council’s annual budget requires about $320 of donations per registered Scout so they can operate. We all know the benefits of the Scouting program for our youth and adults so why do some Units provide support while others provide little or not at all? Scout registration fees and the extra fees charged by the Units don’t support the Longhorn Council.
The Friends of Scouting Campaign supports about 25% of the operating budget. To make up the remaining 75% the Council must look outside of the Scouting family to make their budget to keep the doors open. The Council also provides an afterschool program for roughly 4,000 Tarrant County youth in 51 schools through Unit and corporate donations.
Unlike other Charitable organizations you know your donations are kept right here at home making a difference for your sons and daughters. Keeping our camps open for your use, providing staff, other facilities, support for the Units and Charter Partners.
The District would like to recognize the following Units for attaining their 2019 Friends of Scouting goal. It’s not too late to provide the much-needed support for your Council. Go to, myfos.org and donate. We’ll add your Unit to next month’s newsletter!
100% + of FOS Goal Club
LDS Ward 633
Close to making goal: Troop 396, Troop 517 & LDS Ward 733
These Units will receive free advancement for a year or a camping option, (Cub Scouts) as an added incentive and “thank you” for their 100% goal achievement. The District is only $2,000 short of our District goal for JTE… can we make it?
Your small or large commitment now makes a difference for Longhorn Council Scouting.
Please go to, myfos.org and donate.
Thank you for all that you do for Scouting!
District Chairman – Cross Timbers District
Longhorn Council – Certified Trainer
National Eagle Scout Assoc. – Life Member
Saturday, May 18, 2019
Cross Timbers Parade Committee Meeting
Thursday, May 23rd at 7:30PM at New World UMC, 2201 N Davis Drive, Arlington
We need all Packs, Troops and Crews to be represented!! We had a tremendous turnout and parade entry last year in the Arlington Fourth of July Parade......let's do it again!!
Nicole Harold Parade Chair email@example.com
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Volunteer CoordinatorRiver Legacy Living Science Center703 NW Green Oaks Blvd.Arlington, TX 76006817-860-6752 ext. 109Looking for more ways to volunteer with River Legacy?